BSA only install quality systems that are recognised as being fit for purpose by the National Security Inspectorate (NSI), the main regulators of the security industry. Our installations are also closely monitored by us through our quality management procedure (ISO9001), ensuring that the customer benefits from a quality product and service.
BSA provide a range of devices that can be tailored to your individual needs. We install both wired and wireless alarms with the following detection devices:
- Movement Detector’s (PIR’s) – Pet-friendly detectors can also be used, whereby small pets remain undetected while the alarm is set.
- Contact’s – Used on doors and windows to detect entry to the property.
- Shock Sensor’s – Used to detect high vibration levels caused by forced entry on a door or window.
- Break-glass Detector’s – For detecting the sound of glass breaking.
- Panic Alarm’s – Fixed or mobile personal alarms that immediately sound the bell or call the police.
- Other safety devices – Smoke detectors and Carbon Monoxide detectors can be linked to the alarm so that the bell is sounded or monitoring station alerted if there is any potential danger.
BSA also offer a variety of different responses should your alarm be activated.
- ‘Bells only’ – When a device is triggered the outside bell makes a loud noise and the strobe within the bell box flashes to attract attention.
- Speech Dialler – When the alarm is activated the alarm makes a call from your telephone line to a keyholder of the property to make them aware that the alarm is sounding. If the person doesn’t respond the speech dialler can dial further numbers. This is also available with text options.
- Signalled system – When the alarm is activated it sends a message over your telephone line and / or a mobile network to a call centre, who in turn contact keyholders to the property and / or the police.